Sunday, April 12, 2015

From May 2013

(Finally updating from Facebook.)

It's snowing and they're testing the sirens in Minneapolis. The despair is palpable.

Last year, when we had a very mild winter, I distinctly remember a woman (friend of a friend) who was upset that her poor 2nd grader would 'never see snow again'. I've thought of her often over the last two months. The next time someone utters such an absurdity at a Minnesotan we should be allowed to smack them.

I predict that by the year 2025, we will officially change the name of clownfish to 'Nemo-fish'.

Relia to me: Oops, I forgot you're a human.
That's kind of the slogan of my mornings.

Watching some Veggie Tales with the kids for the first time in ever. After a good ten minutes, Felix had an epiphany and realized that Bob is a tomato.

Well, we can't say that a baby has never pooped on our Wii balance board anymore.

Felix thinks we should do Halloween tomorrow so he can get some more candy. I'm trying to explain to him that this isn't quite the way it works.

I cried a little bit (link).


Dealing with tired kids is like reading a Choose Your Own Adventure book where you die on all of the pages.

Leo is methodically beating a little doll to death with a toy boat. He's like a cute little King Kong.